One series that’s been on my mind lately has been a recap of the entire month of things I discovered or things I’m currently coveting. For old GGG readers, this is very similar to my “Friday Five” series.
Check out my picks for this month!
- Call a Swede – This is a really cool project launched by Sweden’s tourist association that connects anyone in the world with a random Swede via phone to chat about just about anything. Calling has been on my list for weeks now!
- Lessons with Lauren H. – One blog I’ve been keeping up with a lot lately has been Lauren Himle’s “Lessons by Lauren H.“. Lauren was a contestant on the latest season of The Bachelor and I totally fell in love with her Minnesota accent. This is one of those solid reads if you’re looking for personal stories on love and self-love.
- Handblown Glass Pitcher & Tumblers – Over Lent, naturally, I stumbled upon these tumblers and pitcher on Food 52. This handblown glass set is ideal for warm-weather entertaining. Makes me want to make my first batch of spring sangria!
- My Return to Creative Writing – A few weeks back I went to brunch with some old friends I took a creative writing class with in college. These two friends, both living in SF now, have inspired me so much with their writing and it was great to meet over Bloody Marys and craft huevos rancheros. We’re all getting back into writing and sharing with each other again soon and I’m excited to see what we’ve come up with after these years!
- Harper Vintage Speaker – I’ve been feeling a lot of retro vibes lately when it has come to decorating. Urban Outfitters’ growing home section brought me to this cute bluetooth speaker. Definitely loving the sea foam color.
- Feeling Good Playlist on Spotify – As someone who is a lover of Stevie Wonder and the greats of Motown, I found this Spotify playlist and have not hit pause ever since. There’s something about soul that makes you feel good – day and night.
- “Olivia Pope” Wineglass – Anyone else a huge fan of Scandal? Whether you watch the show or not, one thing everyone needs to agree on is that these long-stem wine glasses are totally chic. I’ll admit this was one of my first post-Lent purchases. And they’ve been perfect for hosting girl’s night at my apartment.
- Zucchini Noodles aka Zoodles – Since my roommate got me a vegetable spiralizer for Christmas I’d been anxious to finally get at making a lighter version of all my favorite pasta dishes. And I must say, since I started using this spiralizer, I’ve been making a lot more dinners at home. For anyone wondering, zucchini noodles aka zoodles are more filling than you’d expect!
- Skillshare – A while ago I participated in a design hack with members from my greater team at work. After working with them as well as a designer from the company, I thought I’d take a shot at an online design class on Skillshare to see what design skills I could bring to my day-to-day work. What I love about Skillshare is that they offer a wide variety of classes and guides to anyone and everyone who is looking to learn a new hobby or improve upon existing skills.